Claims Handler Job Description
The Claims Handler will report to the Claims Manager
The Claims Handler will report to the Claims Manager at the Company and form part of a newly formed claims handling team within the Company. You will report to the Claims Manager, handling a variety of insurance claims and using your knowledge and experience to investigate and approve them. This is a newly formed team within the company so you will be expected to show good levels of flexibility and organisation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the day to day handling and management claims within the Claims Handling team.
- Peer review claims handled by other members of the Claims Handling team.
- Answering the telephone, responding to queries and re-directing queries to the relevant department.
- Completion of general administrative tasks.
- Communicating by telephone and email with policyholders and insurance agents.
- Manage and develop relationships with external and internal auditors and other external providers.
- Assist and support the Gibraltar Insurance operations where necessary.
- Essential: GCSEs A* – C in Maths and English
- Desirable: A Levels
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office
- Desirable: 12 months experience working within the Insurance or Finance industry
Description of Organisation
Acasta Europe Limited works exclusively with Acasta European Insurance Company and provides insurance facilities to clients throughout the UK. We offer bespoke insurance schemes that involve setting the insurance rate, analysing scheme performance, and making amendments and recommendations to ensure the profitability of the scheme.
Acasta Europe Limited is a small company that is undergoing a period of growth. A candidate with a keen interest in insurance and claim handling has a good opportunity to develop within a niche company.
Days / hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Place of Work
Station Road, Cheadle Hulme.
Dependent on experience.
Excellent public transport links, close to M60 motorway
Professional environment with friendly approachable staff keen to assist with development.
Please provide a covering letter and CV to email@example.com