Senior In-House Solicitor / ATE Underwriter
We are looking for a highly motivated and professional individual with experience and technical ability in this area of the legal expenses market. Customer service should be second nature to you. Initiative and responsibility are strongly encouraged so a proactive attitude is essential.
- Reviewing and analysing bespoke ATE insurance applications in relation to a wide range of matters including professional negligence, contractual disputes, property litigation, contentious probate, shareholder and director’s disputes, insolvency matters.
- Utilising legal and underwriting skills to review each matter and determine whether a case should be accepted/rejected/cancelled/or continue indemnity in relation to the current facts presented on the case. Identifying and taking into account any inherent risk/potential loss element in order to mitigate losses.
- Closely analysing documents including Counsel’s opinions, pleadings, correspondence between parties, company accounts, witness statements expert reports, judgments and Part 36 offers on a daily basis.
- Assess incoming claims against ATE policies.
- Support the team managing the Delegated ATE Insurance risks
- Ensure all information is obtained to make an informed decision on the claim
- Be a point of contact when a case is at mediation to discuss settlement with the solicitor
- Manage complaints
- Assist with Policy Wording drafting including:
– Identify potential loopholes where risk exposure is high
– Draft amendments to policy wordings and other agreements where required
- Creation and Implementation of Procedures including:
– Assist with the creation and implementation of any new procedures/processes required.
– Identify where procedures are required
- Managing and developing business relationships with business partners.
- Be willing and able to evolve the role to meet growing business needs, expectations and values.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified solicitor
- Experience running commercial litigation cases within a firm of solicitors
- Understanding of protocols within industry
- Understanding of all aspects of a claim including:
– Quantum, limitation, liability
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word.
- Full understanding of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations
- Ability to mitigate and measure risk in actioning decisions
- Focused on delivery of objectives
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player
- Experience of underwriting commercial After the Event (ATE)
- 3 or more years’ experience within a fee earning capacity
- Experience running personal injury matters
- Strong presentation skills
If you believe you are suited for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Business Development department are not recruiting at this time. If you are interested in a Business Development role at Acasta, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will hold this on file once a position becomes available.
The Marketing department are not recruiting at this time. If you are interested in a Marketing role at Acasta, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com where we will hold this on file once a position becomes available.
The Finance department are not recruiting at this time. If you are interested in a Finance role at Acasta, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will hold this on file once a position becomes available.