Underwriting and Compliance Support Job Description
The Underwriting and Compliance Support will report to the Underwriting Manager.
This is a challenging administrative role within a small underwriting team within the business supplying a wide range of niche insurance products to insurance brokers and insurance scheme providers. You will be supporting the underwriting department with their administrative duties and assisting in general compliance tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing and collating monthly bordereaux to provide to our internal data team
- Communicating mainly via email with insurance brokers and clients
- Completion of general administrative tasks
- Answering the telephone, responding to queries, and re-directing queries to the relevant department
- Assisting with drafting changes to policies
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the broker audit and implementation of service providers as appropriate
- Dealing with any new broker applications and collating the information
- Completing annual compliance reviews
- Assisting with the organisation of Due Diligence Visits in conjunction with the audit and compliance team
- Essential: GCSEs A* – C in Maths and English
- Desirable: A Levels
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office
- Desirable: 12 months experience working within the Insurance or Finance industry
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Committed to working towards a career in Insurance
Description of Organisation
Acasta Europe Limited works exclusively with Acasta European Insurance Company and provides insurance facilities to clients throughout the UK. We offer bespoke insurance schemes that involve setting the insurance rate, analysing scheme performance, and making amendments and recommendations to ensure the profitability of the scheme.
Acasta Europe Limited is a small company that is undergoing a period of growth. A candidate with a keen interest in insurance and auditing has a good opportunity to develop within a niche company.
Days / hours
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Occasional overnight stays and travel outside of these times.
Place of Work
Station Road, Cheadle Hulme. Will be required to conduct audits at different offices.
£20k – £25k
Excellent public transport links, close to M60 motorway
Professional environment with friendly approachable staff keen to assist with development.
Please provide a covering letter and CV to email@example.com