Travel Underwriter Job Description
Key purpose of the role
Acasta are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Travel Insurance Underwriter to join our dynamic team. As a Travel Insurance Underwriter, you will be responsible for assessing and evaluating risks associated with travel insurance applications, determining coverage and premiums, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations. Your expertise will contribute to the overall profitability and success of our travel insurance products.
- Review and analyse travel insurance applications/schemes to assess risks and determine profitability.
- Utilise underwriting guidelines, risk assessment tools, and industry best practices to make informed decisions regarding coverage, exclusions, and premium rates.
- Conduct research, gather relevant information, and analyse data to accurately assess risk levels and make appropriate underwriting decisions.
- Collaborate with insurance agents, brokers, and underwriting team members to obtain additional information, clarify policy details, and provide guidance on risk assessment.
- Ensure compliance with internal underwriting policies and guidelines, as well as regulatory requirements in the travel insurance industry.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of underwriting decisions, policy endorsements, and correspondence with agents and policyholders.
- Monitor industry trends, changes in regulations, and emerging risks that may impact travel insurance underwriting practices.
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and explaining underwriting decisions to agents, brokers, and policyholders.
- Participate in team meetings, training sessions, and professional development activities to enhance underwriting skills and knowledge.
- Collaborate with product development teams to provide input on new product offerings and enhancements based on underwriting experience and market insights.
- Proven experience as a Travel Insurance Underwriter or in a similar underwriting role within the insurance industry.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data and make sound underwriting decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of travel insurance products, underwriting principles, and industry regulations.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, pre-existing medical conditions, and their impact on underwriting decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in assessing risks and determining coverage.
- Effective communication skills to interact with agents, brokers, and policyholders in a professional and customer-oriented manner.
- Proficiency in using underwriting software, databases, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Acasta Europe Limited is a small company that is undergoing a period of growth. A candidate with a keen interest in insurance and auditing has a good opportunity to develop within a niche company.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
There will be occasional overnight stays and travel required outside these times
20 Days + Bank Holidays + 1 day for your birthday
1 day is added each complete year of working for Acasta Europe with a maximum of 25 days.
- Annual Bonus
- Company social events
- Access to Perkbox
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Casual dress
- A monthly well-being day to take off as required
- Employee assistance programme
- Hybrid working available part-time
Excellent public transport links, close to M60 motorway. Cheadle Hulme train station is a 5-minute walk from the office.
Professional environment with friendly approachable staff keen to assist with development.
Full Time and permanent.
We offer a supportive working environment, opportunities for growth and development and a competitive salary.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.