Claims Manager Job Description
The Claims Manager will report to the Board of Directors at the Company.
The Claims Manager will report to the board of Directors at the Company and help guide and shape a newly formed claims handling team within the Company. You will report to the Board, oversee the claims function and be responsible for providing management information alongside enhancing the quality of it. You will play a key role in managing stakeholders, including regulators and auditors, both internal and external. This is a newly formed team within the company so you will be expected to show good levels of flexibility and organisation whilst establishing and maintaining the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the Claims Handling team.
- Assist with handling of claims within the Claims Handling team.
- Authorise claim payments within team, up to a value of £25,000.00.
- Prepare claims over £25,000.00 for referral and authorisation to the Head of Claims function holder at the Insurance Company.
- Evaluate staff performance within the Claims Handling team, including by call monitoring, providing ongoing training both operationally and for regulatory purposes.
- Assist with recruitment within the Claims Handling team.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports to the board of the Company.
- Ensure robust, high-quality systems and processes are developed, maintained, evaluated and continuously improved.
- Manage and develop relationships with external and internal auditors and other external providers.
- Assist and support the Gibraltar Insurance operations where necessary.
- Essential: GCSEs A* – C in Maths and English
- Desirable: A Levels
- Desirable: CII Certificate or above
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a claims handling environment in the Insurance or Finance Industry.
- Previous experience of managing a team desirable.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office
Description of Organisation
Acasta Europe Limited works exclusively with Acasta European Insurance Company and provides insurance facilities to clients throughout the UK. We offer bespoke insurance schemes that involve setting the insurance rate, analysing scheme performance, and making amendments and recommendations to ensure the profitability of the scheme.
Acasta Europe Limited is a small company that is undergoing a period of growth. A candidate with a keen interest in insurance and claim handling has a good opportunity to develop within a niche company.
Days / hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Place of Work
Station Road, Cheadle Hulme.
Dependent on experience.
Excellent public transport links, close to M60 motorway
Professional environment with friendly approachable staff keen to assist with development.
Please provide a covering letter and CV to email@example.com